Donald Earl Papineau began Valley Financial Services in 1998 with over forty years experience in the life insurance and investment fields. His goal was to help people retire comfortably and to prepare them for life's uncertainties.
In 2001 Donald hired his daughter Renee Albrecht as an associated person and worked with her over the years to pass on his knowledge and expertise. He recognized the need to have a succession plan and someone in the business who could continue the same level of commitment and service that he had built the company upon.
In 2008 after receiving her Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ) title, Renee became a partner at Valley Financial Services.
On January 3rd, 2012 Donald passed away suddenly, leaving the business to his daughter. No one had expected his untimely death and he will be greatly missed by all of those who came to know him and love him.
January/February 2012: Based on conversations with Donald before his death, Renee has taken the business to a whole new level by implementing several changes that will enhance the clients experience and her commitment to their success.
The following changes and enhancement have been made.
- The company name was changed from Valley Financial Services to Valley Investment Planning. The purpose for the change was key in making the new name more reflective of our services and the acronym is how we want our clients to feel (like a VIP).
- We have launched our website (valleyinvestmentplanning.com) to better serve our clients and to help those looking for our services via the web.
- In January 2012, Renee's son Cody was established as an associated person with VIP and is now working full time in the Red Hook, NY office. Cody graduated from Iona College in May 2015 with a bachelor's degree in Mass Communications. He has his series 7, 66, and Life and Health certifications and is now working as a Registered Representative, Investment Advisor Representative.
- Renee's Husband Andrew has also been established as an associated person with VIP since January 2012 and has his MBA with a concentration in business continuity and risk management.
- We have begun the process of locating and recruiting highly qualified financial representative.s to expand the company and further our committment to providing the highest quality service to our clients.
- Michael Green joined VIP as of April 2013 and comes to us with over 35 years experience. He holds a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification as well as a CLU, ChFC and LUTCF certifications.
Update: as of August 2019 Mike has retired and Cody has taken on his clients as the Representative of Record. We wish him all the best of health and happiness in his retirement. Mike will remain on as a consultant.
As of July 1st, 2015 we have opened up a branch office in Odessa, Florida; just North of Tampa. Our Daughter, Kalie Grace Hawley is the office manager and helps support our southern clients as well as earning relationships with her own, newly established clients. Kalie worked as a personal banker for over three years prior to coming on board and brings another level of knowledge and professionalism to the firm. She graduated from Iona College with a Master's degree in Financial Management and has a Certificate degree in International Business. She has her series 6, 7, 63 and 65 certifications and is a Registered Representative, Investment Advisor Representative.